Sun Hill Junior School
"To foster a safe and secure environment in which to flourish"
We worked with all staff, children, governors and members of the Parent Forum to formulate the School Vision Statement, School Aims and our Values.
Our ‘STARS’ values are integral in driving all of our behaviours, beliefs and actions.
At Sun Hill Junior School we believe it is important that everyone within the school community works together on our shared vision of creating a place where everyone thrives and is provided with the opportunities and support to reach their personal goals. We aim to create a diverse learning environment that is inclusive, inspirational and creates a passion for learning. In working closely with pupils, parents and the wider community, we encourage children to develop into confident and compassionate young people with a strong sense of belonging. All pupils experience a relevant, vibrant and broad curriculum that supports and challenges them to reach their full potential. We aim to nurture passionate and motivated learners who have the self-belief and independence to achieve excellence and succeed.
Standards achieved by the Children
- To enable all children to enjoy school life, achieve their highest standards in all areas of development and make outstanding progress in relation to their prior attainment
The Quality of Education provided by Sun Hill Junior School
- To provide all children with learning experiences of high quality by identifying clear learning outcomes, using effective teaching styles and methods and suitable resources, all well-matched to their differing needs
- To ensure that all children are fully involved in a relevant, vibrant and broad curriculum and have the opportunity to develop skills and ideas that engage them fully
- To enable the children to set themselves high standards, take pride in their work and strive towards high achievement
- To enable the children to be confident, self-motivated and take advantage of opportunities to develop their own learning
- To provide a lively, stimulating and well-organised environment for learning in which staff and children work co-operatively towards independence
- To ensure that children acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to adopt a healthy, safe and fulfilling lifestyle
- To create a happy, relaxed and stimulating atmosphere in which each child can develop positive and co-operative relationships, tolerance, understanding and respect for all people
- To involve parents and other stakeholders in school life to ensure that all aspects of children’s progress are fully inclusive, shared and supported
Leadership and Management
- To provide clear leadership and effective management at all levels which takes the school forward in its chosen direction
- To make effective use of the school’s resources in order to achieve the best possible learning outcomes